Since 1997, the Seattle defense attorneys at The Marshall Defense Firm have focused on representing those accused of special assault—crimes of a particularly sensitive nature—including sexual assault, rape, child rape or sexual abuse/molestation, assault of a child, and domestic violence. No other Northwest law firm can match our depth of experience in defending persons accused of these kinds of crimes.
Our child abuse and special assault defense lawyers go where you need us. We defend child abuse and other special assault cases throughout Washington state—in Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, Spokane, Everett, Vancouver, and other cities and towns; in King, Snohomish, Pierce, Kitsap, and other counties; and in Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, and other regions of the United States.
Sexual Crimes Against Children
- Assault of a domestic partner
- Assault of a child
Internet and Computer-Related Accusations
- Possession, production, or distribution of child pornography
- Dealing in depictions of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct
- Sexual exploitation of children
- Luring and stalking of teenagers and children
- Internet sting operations
Physical Abuse of Children
- Shaken Baby Syndrome, Abusive Head Trauma, and whiplash mechanism injuries
- Suspicious fractures
- Spanking that leaves bruises
Other Special Assault Crimes
Representation in Legal Difficulties
- Police investigations
- Criminal prosecutions
- Collateral attacks, habeas corpus petitions, and personal restraint petitions
- Investigations & “founded” determinations by DSHS, Child Protective Services, Adult Protective Services, and other child & vulnerable adult protection agencies
- Administrative hearings challenging findings of abuse and neglect
- Civil claims and lawsuits for compensation for childhood sexual abuse
- Civil Damages Claims for Possessing Child Pornography
- Protection and restraining orders
- Licensing and registration issues
- College and university disciplinary proceedings for sexual assault
- Representation of witnesses, including child witnesses, in child abuse and other special assault cases
- Dependency cases
Cooperation with Other Lawyers
The way we usually help persons accused of child abuse and other kinds of special assault is straightforward: we represent them in court, in investigating and preparing their cases for court, in negotiations, in dealing with licensing boards or the media, or in other areas which require our skill and our experience.
Sometimes our attorneys work in cooperation with a lawyer outside our firm. That usually happens in one of these ways:
- Consultation. In consulting with another lawyer, one of our attorneys can often save that lawyer time and help the lawyer prepare a stronger defense.
- Association. We have tried several child abuse cases in co-operation with other lawyers. We can do this either as the lead attorney or as “second chair.”
- Expert testimony. When the accused has lost because his previous lawyer did not perform competently, we can explain that in an affidavit or in live testimony, to help the new lawyer pursue a second chance for the accused.
Where We Service
We provide top legal defense and services for our clients all over Washington state. Just some of the areas we service include:
- Port Angeles
- Port Orchard
- King County
- Pierce County
- Snowhomish County
- Clark County
- Kitsap County
- Yakima County
These are just some of the areas we service. To learn more about our services, please contact us today.