Aimée Sutton’s primary practice focus is in the areas of child abuse, sex crimes, and domestic violence. Since 2004, she has provided zealous advocacy for thousands of people accused of crimes ranging from shoplifting to sex crimes to murder. Aimée has a strong track record and has achieved positive results for clients facing lengthy prison terms and other life-altering consequences for the crimes of which they have been accused. A seasoned trial attorney, Aimée is equally committed to negotiating the best possible outcome for her clients who are not bound for trial. Through careful preparation and with years of experience in the courtroom, Aimée guides her clients through the process of plea arrangements, treatment programs and other outcomes that help them reclaim their lives and their freedom.
A graduate of the University of Washington School of Law, Aimée was a member of the Washington Law Review and served as its Associate Editor in Chief. Her undergraduate degree is from Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts. A Seattle native, she is also a graduate of Garfield High School in Seattle.
Aimée has lived and traveled extensively in Latin America and is fluent in Spanish. In her free time, Aimée enjoys traveling, reading and spending time with her family.
Listen to Aimée describe her practice at Marshall Defense Firm, including how she works with her clients and some of her memorable cases.
- Washington State, 2003
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 2003
- Mount Holyoke College, Bachelor of Arts, Politics major, Spanish minor, 1993
Professional Recognition and Honors
- Rated AV Preeminent® (highest possible for legal skills and ethics) by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized as a Rising Star for Washington Super Lawyer
- Superb Rating 10 out of 10 in Avvo, Child Abuse Defense, Sex Crime, and Domestic Violence
Professional and Community Activities
- Executive Committee, Washington State Bar Association, Criminal Law Section
- Board of Governors, Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- President-elect, Latina/o Bar Association of Washington
- Member, Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
Publications and Speaking Engagements
In addition to being a frequent speaker, Aimée is a regular contributor to the firm’s blog.
- Speaker, “Playing Offense Against Allegations of Child Abuse or Unexplained Injury”, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association’s Juvenile Law Conference, Newport, OR, April 2016.
- “Testimony on SB 5019,”Senate Human Services and Corrections Committee, Bill relating to expunging non-conviction data
- Co-Chair, Managing High Profile Felony Cases, 2011
- Co-Chair, Current Issues in Search and Seizure, WACDL annual conference, Chelan, WA, 2011
- Man sentenced to 30 years in prison for fatal shooting at nightclub, Seattle Times, 2010
- Man sentenced to nine months for stabbing ‘therapy cat’, Seattle Times, 2009