Alexei Garick has deep experience both as a prosecutor and as a defense attorney in sexual assault and child abuse cases. He has earned the respect of clients, adversaries, and judges for the vigor, thoroughness, and skill of his advocacy. For more than ten years he has fought hard for his clients and has shown them genuine compassion.
In recognition of Alexei’s skill and promise, an early supervisor selected him to attend the National Criminal Defense College, the nation’s pre-eminent post-law school training program for criminal defense lawyers.
Alexei came to the Marshall Defense Firm from Massachusetts, where he served most recently as an assistant district attorney in the Child Abuse/Sexual Assault Division. His experience prosecuting child abuse and sexual assault cases, and seeing from the inside how police and child forensic interviewers build these cases, has brought an invaluable perspective to our defense work.
Through frequent speaking and participation at conferences and legal education programs, Alexei keeps up with changes in the law and new developments in forensic science in order to provide his clients with the strongest possible defense.
Alexei has realized a decades-long dream by relocating to the Northwest with his wife. He is a fierce competitor outside the courtroom, too—in ice hockey and in snowboarding, where he rode professionally before turning to law.
Listen to Alexei describe his practice at Marshall Defense Firm, including the types of cases he handles and what makes his work meaningful.
- Washington State, 2016
- Massachusetts, 2005
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Worcester State University, Bachelor of Arts, History, 2000
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Court Rules Committee of the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Faculty, MCLE seminar, Top 25 Critical Cases Every Criminal Lawyer Must Know, July 2015
- Attendee, National Criminal Defense College, Trial Practice Institute, Mercer Law School, Macon, GA, July 2010
- Attendee, Western Massachusetts Medical Symposium on Child Abuse, October 2013
- Attendee, National Cyber Crime Conference, Norwood, MA, April 2013