Since 1997, the Seattle defense attorneys at The Marshall Defense Firm have focused on representing those accused of special assault—crimes of a particularly sensitive nature—including sexual assault, rape, child rape or sexual abuse/molestation, assault of a child, and domestic violence. No other Northwest law firm can match our depth of experience in defending persons accused of these kinds of crimes.
Sexual Crimes Against Children
Other Sex Crimes
Physical Abuse of Children
Internet and Technology-Related Accusations
- Internet sting operations
- Possession, production, or distribution of child pornography
- Dealing in depictions of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct
- Sexual exploitation of children
Representation in Legal Difficulties
- Dependency cases
- Title IX proceedings
- Other college and university disciplinary proceedings
- Appeals and other post-conviction relief
- CPS investigations and appeals
- Police investigations
- Criminal prosecutions
- Civil claims and lawsuits for compensation for childhood sexual abuse
- Civil damages claims for possessing child pornography
- Protection and restraining orders
- Administrative hearings challenging findings of abuse and neglect
- Licensing and registration issues
- Representation of witnesses (including child witnesses) in child abuse and other special assault cases
Cooperation with Other Lawyers
The way we usually help persons accused of child abuse and other kinds of special assault is straightforward: we represent them in court, in investigating and preparing their cases for court, in negotiations, in dealing with licensing boards or the media, or in other areas which require our skill and our experience.
Sometimes our attorneys work in cooperation with a lawyer outside our firm. That usually happens in one of these ways:
- Consultation: In consulting with another lawyer, one of our attorneys can often save that lawyer time and help the lawyer prepare a stronger defense.
- Association: We have tried several child abuse cases in co-operation with other lawyers. We can do this either as the lead attorney or as “second chair.”
- Expert testimony: When the accused has lost because his previous lawyer did not perform competently, we can explain that in an affidavit or in live testimony, to help the new lawyer pursue a second chance for the accused.
Where We Service
Our child abuse and special assault defense lawyers go where you need us. Just some of the areas we service include:
- Port Orchard
- Port Angeles
- King County
- Pierce County
- Snohomish County
- Kitsap County
- Yakima County
- Clark County
- Other regions of the United States
To learn more about our services, please contact us today.